Wednesday 27 February 2013

Welcome all

Hello everyone!

To be fair, this is mostly a test at this stage. It will probably take me a little while to work you what I can do and how, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

Anyway, if you're reading this, welcome to Anachronicles.

It's in English though I'm French because I have noticed that many more of the French speakers I know speak English than English speakers speak French. But there may be a few posts in French, so those French classes in high school could come in handy after all.

As for the name, well... 
I quite frequently feel out of synch with our times on many a thing. And since I don't pretend to have invented all that much, then one could venture that my emotions would be more in synch, on that issue, with some other times, past or future (yes, I know we can't know the future, but for instance one could argue that the suffragettes were more in synch with the future on their favourite topic). Hence the anachronism. And since by essence a blog is constructed as chronicles, well, there we are.

By the way, a feeling of gap with the times should never morph into the illusion of there having ever been an ideal times to which we should revert. We are probably more attuned to different epochs for different subjects. One can be greatly influenced by fourth century Athens while remembering that they had slaves (I'm assuming my readers will agree that this was a negative. Corporate overlords may beg to differ); one can like the increase class solidarity in the West in the aftermath of the second world war, while remembering that at the time, the trees of the south still bore strange fruit.
This is about the beats that our times miss, not about the idealisation of a mythical past.

No comments:

Post a Comment